Do I need an employment authorization document to work in Romania? I would like to add that I am a German citizen.
EU and EEA (European Economic Area) citizens do not need a visa for crossing the border to Romania. If you stay longer than 90 days, you have to register your residence at the General Inspectorate for Immigration.
Non-EU/ EEA researchers have to apply for a short or long stay visa, depending on the timeframe of their academic activity in Romania. American, Australian and Canadian citizens are an exception to the rule as they do not need an entry visa, but they do need to present their passport at customs.
To search for vacancies in research on the EURAXESS portal, please visit the page euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs, select the country where you want to work and the research field. For more search filters, you can use the browser for vacancies available at europa.eu/euraxess
For details on institutions and universities where Romanian language is taught and for enrollment conditions, please access the following links:
- rolang.ro (Bucuresti)
- litere.uvt.ro (Timisoara)
- letters.uaic.ro (Iasi)
- lingua.ubbcluj.ro (Cluj-Napoca)
Please follow these steps to create a researcher account:
- Register for a researcher account by accessing ec.europa.eu/euraxess
- After authentication, use the Search 4 Job menu to select your search filters, click on Search and matching available jobs will be displayed.
- At the bottom of the page you will find the Save this search button. Write a suggestive name for the search and tick the box Email me when new jobs are available for this search.
- You can set alerts according to the jobs you are interested in.
Here are the steps to follow in order to post vacancies on the Romania EURAXESS portal:
- Create free of charge an organization account on ec.europa.eu/euraxess
- The account can only be used after having been activated by the administrator of the European portal ec.europa.eu/euraxess (in max. 24 h).
- After authentication, jobs can be added by clicking on Add a Job Vacancy. All jobs will be posted in English.
In order to create an organization account, please access ec.europa.eu/euraxess. The account can be used after having been activated by the administrator of the European portal ec.europa.eu/euraxess (in max. 24 h).
After authentication, you will find at the bottom of the page the Save this search button. Write a suggestive name for the search and tick the box Email me when new jobs are available for this search.
For accommodation details in Romania, please access Accommodation