If you are leaving the country there are several matters that you should consider before your departure:
- Check the travel advices and information given by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Check your entry and residence conditions. If necessary, obtain a visa or residence permit for entry/employment/study
- Update your health insurance. If necessary, obtain the European health insurance card. If necessary, obtain private health insurance
- Check at your local tax authority whether you need a certificate proving your previous status as a tax payer
- Cancel the bank accounts and payment methods you used if you are no longer going to use them
- Cancel all services (water, electricity, gas, communication services, etc.) that you were subscribed to
Romania has a large diplomatic network, the entire list of diplomatic missions can be found on the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.